Selatraš lies on the west-coast of Eysturoy and enjoys the view over Sundalagid, which is the sound
between the islands Eysturoy and Streymoy.
The houses in Selatraš are spread over the hills and are not as close to each other as they typically
are in a Faeroese village.
Above the village is a small plantation. It was planted out in 1913.
The church in Selatraš is from 1927.
The ferry that connected Streymoy and Eysturoy used to sail from Selatraš to Hósvķk. All traffic between
the two islands therefore passed through Selatraš.
This traffic stopped when a bridge was built to a village north of Selatraš.
A scout-centre in the village has room for 200 persons in tents and also some cabins.
Hiking-trips in the mountains in the area are arranged from Selatraš.