The village Kunoy is one of two villages on the island of Kunoy.
The village is located on the west coast of the island impressively surrounded by high mountains.
The village is split in 3 parts in the valley.
Kunoy is reachable by car from Boršoy (Klaksvķk) by crossing the dam connecting the two islands and then passing through the tunnel from the east side to the west-side of the island.
This tunnel was blown trough the mountains in 1988.
The church in Kunoy is from 1867.
In order to be able to finance the altarpiece and the chandelier it was agreed that every fishing-boat in the village should give 1 fish to the church when they had been out fishing.
In the hills over the village is a tiny plantation.