Kaldbak is located on Streymoy’s east coast.
Excavations show that Kaldbak was inhabited already in the 11th century.
The village was connected to the road system of Streymoy as late as 1980.
The parish church in Kaldbak was built in 1835.
In the Kaldbaksfjørður-inlet are some rings for sea farming. In these rings fish is bred as an alternative to traditional fishing.
In the 70’ties and 80’ties fibreglass boats were produced in Kaldbak. The boats had the same look as the
traditional Faeroese wooden boats and they still are very popular.