Hov is located on Sušuroys east coast.
The village is frequently mentioned in the history of the Faroe Islands.
The viking Havgrķmur who was chief of half of the country lived in Hov in the 10th century.
His burial plot is located in the hills above the village.
It was destroyed when opened in by amateurs in 1834.
The wooden church in Hov was originally built in Vįgur in 1862. It was moved to Hov in 1942.
Sea farming has been practiced in Hov since the 1980s.